In my Warning Signs Your 7 Chakras Are Out Of Balance article, I covered with you the warning signs that one of your 7 Chakras is out of alignment.
Today, I am going to teach you how to heal and balance your chakras in this powerful Chakra Healing Mini-Course.
The human body is more than just the physical vessel we perceive it to be.
The term chakra is a Sanskrit word that can be directly translated to mean “The Wheel”. The seven chakras are centers in the human body through which energy flows.
Chakras are responsible for the general well-being of the human body.
The flow of energy through these centers directly affects our physical and emotional health.
The seven energy centers are located in different parts of our body. They represent different aspects of our well-being and the elements they are associated with.
Blocked energy centers can lead to a number of illnesses.
It is, therefore, important to ensure that your chakras are well balanced and that energy flow is well regulated.
But before we dive deeper into the healing subject, let’s refresh our memory and recount the seven chakras:
- Root/tailbone chakra.
- Sacral chakra.
- Solar plexus chakra.
- Heart chakra.
- Throat chakra.
- Third eye chakra.
- Crown chakra.
Ok, now we’ll cover how to balance and heal each chakra.
1. Root chakra.
The first chakra represents stability and the feeling of being grounded or having a foundation.
It is located at the base of the spine where the tailbone is. This chakra is red in color, and its element is earth. It is the chakra that is associated with the sense of independence and stability, including financial stability, security, and safety. It’s associated sense is smell.
Key characteristics include total independence, that is, the ability to completely meet one’s needs, security and physical ability. Ailments that may arise from having blocked energy in the first chakra include constipation, intestinal disorders, and issues pertaining to the support mechanism of our bodies.
The first chakra may be affected by financial instability or the inability to provide sufficient food for one’s self or family.
To heal the first chakra requires the most physically intense activities because this chakra is the densest. You need to focus on your connection with the earth. Healing exercises include:
- Stomping on the ground with your bare feet.
- For yoga practitioners, ensuring your yoga poses maximize contact with the earth. It is necessary to remember that the first chakra is all about being grounded and stable.
- Consuming foods that are red in color such as apples is also helpful. Eat foods that are dug up from the ground such as carrots and potatoes. Aromatherapy is also ideal since it unblocks the chakra through the sense of smell.
2. Sacral chakra.
The sacral chakra is located around the pelvis area. It is actually just a couple of inches below your navel. This chakra is associated with taste. It is orange in color, and its element is water.
This chakra is characterized by creativity, reproduction, pleasure and sexuality. It is mainly concerned with our ability to embrace new experiences and accept other people.
Issues such as lack of pleasure, well-being, and sexuality are a good indication that your sacral chakra is not functioning at its full potential.
Healing exercises heavily involve the movement of the pelvic area and as such include:
- Pelvic thrusts.
- Dancing and gyrating of the hips.
- Using a hula hoop to really move your pelvic area.
- Intense sessions of love making and self-pleasuring.
- Orange foods also help to achieve a balance of the sacral chakra.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra.
The solar plexus chakra focuses on self-esteem and the ability to be confident and assertive.
Its associated sense is sight and fire is its element. These suits it quite aptly as it is the chakra that determines our boldness and ability to be confident. It is yellow in color.
This chakra is mainly characterized by confidence and self-esteem. It gives us the ability to take control of situations and become leaders.
Issues pertaining to self-worth and self-esteem are indicative of an unbalance solar plexus chakra.
Healing exercises for this chakra include:
- Abdominal exercises such as the boat pose. Go here to see what the post look like.
- Taking big steps such as performing in front of a large audience.
- Other activities include basking in the sun, stimulating the mind with puzzles and books and consuming yellow foods.
4. Heart Chakra.
The heart chakra is green in color.
It is associated with feelings of love. It is located at the center of the chest, right above the heart. The associated sense is touch and its element is air.
The heart chakra is responsible for feelings of kindness, compassion and love.
- To heal this chakra you simply need to open up your heart and love as much as you can.
- Also, Spend more time with people you love or do something nice for yourself or someone else. Lastly, eat lots of green vegetables and other green foods.
5. Throat Chakra.
As expected, this chakra deals with our ability to communicate. It is blue in color and is associated with sound or vibration.
Its element is our auditory senses which are hearing.
The throat chakra is responsible for expressing ourselves vocally in the most candid way possible. It also incorporates values such as integrity.
Self-expressions, secretiveness and inability to say the truth may affect your throat chakra.
To heal and boost, you can perform the following exercises:
- Shoulder stand. Go here to see what the post look like.
- Expressing your artistic creativity. Many achieve this by singing, writing and speaking.
- Try to have deep conversations and allow yourself to explore your innermost truths.
- Yawn to release your jaw energy.
- Consuming beverages and eating fruits also help boost your throat chakra.
6. Third Eye Chakra.
The location of this chakra is ideally where the third eye is supposed to be. It is located in the center of the forehead, right above the eyebrows.
It is associated with the perceptive nature of a being which envelopes wisdom, intuitiveness, imagination and deep discernment. It is indigo in color.
This chakra deals with all sorts of perceptiveness and can be affected by your ability to make decisions.
Exercises that serve to heal the third eye chakra include:
- Eye exercises.
- Star gazing.
- Creating a vision board.
- Try as much as possible to ingest indigo colored foods such as grapes, elderberries, and purple cabbage.
7. Crown Chakra.
Last but not least, there exists the crown chakra.
It exists not as a physical manifestation on the body but a visualize energy point. Its color ranges from violet to white, and its element is space.
The crown chakra deals with our connection with the Universe and aspects such as bliss and overjoy.
The key healing exercise for this chakra is meditation.
So whenever you feel disconnected or out of sort, simply meditatie. If you are new to meditation, please read my article Meditation Made Easy.
Also, here is a free meditation that I made available only to my readers, check it out:
In conclusion, having well-balanced chakras ensure a holistic development of you as an individual in both body and soul, and prevent any unnecessary illnesses.
So listen to your body and try to hear what it is trying to tell you.
Till we speak again, I wish you a balanced and magnificent day!
Love and Light,