Do you watch Tv? Movies? Netflix?
Well, I do!
And while the activity of watching TV is often frowned upon by many and considered as a waste of time by others, I, on the other hand, respectfully disagree!
Don’t get me wrong; I am not saying become a coach potato!
What I am saying is “Do watch TV and/or Netflix, but do it in moderation!”
Well, unless the new season of Game of Thrones is on then screw it, you have permission to go on a 10 hours marathon, I did that, LOL, and I totally resonate with that!
Anywho, today I want to prove to those Anti-TV folks that TV is not all that bad!
Matter of fact, I’ve scoured some of our most favorite TV shows and movies over the past 30 years to find you the best pieces of life-aiding words of wisdom that ever to come from our little friendly magic box – I am referring to the TV here 🙂
Let’s dive in!
Top 20 Words of Wisdom From Movie & TV Characters:
1. On loving yourself and being authentic from Sex and the City:
“The most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you that you love, well, that’s fabulous” Carrie Bradshaw.
2. On the meaning of life from Family ties:
“The meaning of life? That simple: try to be happy, try not to hurt people and hope to fall in love.” Mallory Keaton
3. On the meaning of dreams from The X-Files:
“I’ve often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven’t yet figured out how to ask.” Mulder
4. On taking life by the collar and making things happen from Roseanne:
“Dreams do not work without action; I learned no one could stop me but me.” Roseanne
5. On believing in yourself and your abilities from Shrek:
“After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are.” Shrek
6. On taking risks from Tangled:
“Venture outside your comfort zone. The rewards are worth it.”
7. On finding our true destiny from Pocahontas:
“Sometimes, the right path isn’t the easiest one” Grandmother Willow
8. On cherishing the present moment from Star Trek: The Next Generation:
“Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again” Captain Picard
9. On experiencing life with all its good, bad and ugly from Doctor Who:
“The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.” The Doctor
10. On taking action in the present from Six Feet Under:
“The future is just a fucking concept that we use to avoid living today.” Brenda
11. On the power of the spoken word from Game of Thrones:
“For all the weight they’re given, last words are usually as significant as first words.” Pycelle
12. On how to stay happy from House:
“The goal of life is not to eliminate the misery, it is to minimize it, to understand it. Someone’s ganna be miserable sometimes, accept it. That’s how I stay happy..” House
13. On being your true self from Being Human:
“You can piss your whole life away trying out who you might be. It’s when you’ve worked out who you are that you can really start to live.” Mitchell
14. On going after what you want from Mad Men:
“You want some respect? Go out there and get it for yourself.”
15. On planning from Shameless:
“Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.” Frank Gallagher
16. On the reality of being human from Dexter:
““There are no secrets in life just hidden truths that lie beneath the surface” ” Dexter Morgan
17. On love and sharing it with others from Friends:
“It is a love based of giving and receiving as well as having and sharing. And the love that they give and have is shared and received. And through this having and giving and sharing and receiving, we too can share and love and have…and receive.” —Joey, Friends
18. On welcoming and accepting change from Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
“Bottom line is, even if you see ’em coming, you’re not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come. You can’t help that. It’s what you do afterward that counts. That’s when you find out who you are.” —Whistler, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
19. On pursuing freedom from Spartacus:
“There is no greater victory than to fall from this earth… a free man.”
20. On making decisions and not living to please others from Alice in Wonderland:
“You cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours.” White Queen, from Alice in Wonderland
See, TV shows and movies can be good~!
As I said, moderation is the key here.Trust me. I could’ve listed 100s of words of wisdom in this article, but I know that both you and I have lots to do, and we don’t have all day to read 😉
And trust me when I tell you, I could’ve listed 100s of words of wisdom in this article, but I know that both you and I have lots to do, and we don’t have all day to read 😉
So in case, I missed a few that you found life-changing from some of your favorite shows or movies, let me know in a comment at the bottom of this post.
If you liked the Top 20 Words of Wisdom From Movie & TV Characters, then you might enjoy this article.
H/T laurariumartín for the beautiful shot of the Hollywood hills.